Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Grace-Filled Day




June 17: I had an especially grace filled day and thought I would share it with you all. The day began with me not having an especially good night's rest. That concerned me since I am working on my own and would have to lead all day. It is hot and humid, which can also make one feel droopy. Fortunately, the book of Philippians generated enough discussion and thoughtful consideration that the day did not give me a chance to get sleepy. The truths from the text, mostly on Christian attitudes towards suffering between believers, struck a chord with the ladies and they opened up about some of their struggles. They even asked for my opinion on the expectations on them as pastor's wives. It was a good discussion and I felt we were good friends sharing something we have in common. I was thankful the Lord allowed me to foster some healthy, principle-driven discussions that felt honest and safe.

Now I hope I can get a bit of a nap before heading over to a pastor's house for dinner tonight. Oh yes, teaching knitting is going better than I thought and I think the ladies are enjoying it, though it is a challenge.

Rejoicing today!
Edie

No comments: