Friday, June 14, 2013

The end of a great week in Thailand



It is hard to believe that the week is over tomorrow. It has been such a blessing to be with our missionary friends, the Callahans. It will be hard to say good bye. They have such humble hearts and willing hands to tackle whatever the Lord asks of them, and believe me there are all sorts of things that fall under their job description. 

My task this week has been to be the substitute for the English classes, so that Gloria could sit in on the training. I did a lesson and had them do a project of making bible covers to occupy their time and hear another English speaker. I had three levels that each met with me one time for 1 hour and another time for 2 hours. They did so well with the craft without much instruction from me and worked diligently. Many were a work of art. On Wednesday I had the day to work on preparation for a bible study on Ruth. I stayed at our lodging and did as much as I could to get ready for India starting next week. I am so thankful that I could take a day to do that. 

Please pray for my partner Susie in India. She is recovering from shingles and our schedule is always grueling when training. We meet her and her husband in India on Saturday. Thank you for your prayers, it has been a great week in so many ways. 

To Him be the Glory!   

Edie

No comments: