Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Women's Training



I apologize that it has taken me so long to write again. My material for the women's studies are not as developed as the pastoral program. There is a great discrepancy in experience with bible study for the women I train, and each group has it's unique challenges. The study in Esther for the Trichy women was energetic, yet very challenging to dig through. We always begin with observation, then on to structure, application with message statements, and finally personal application. They are up for the work, and love the active discussion along the way. I was stretched in a good way and I praise God for how close we are becoming as friends and sisters in Christ.

Here we have 3 women including our translator. In the mornings we have an older woman who translates. Her husband is the head of the denomination here. She tends to teach along with her translating, taking a lot of time off task. But with prayer Linda and I are doing our activity also in the morning, so it is going well. Today our shyer woman, who has a 10th grade education, told us she went for the first time to the women's conference and said it was OK. But she was enjoying ours better because she can participate. I then told the group that this shows us how you can have a vital ministry getting just two or three women together to observe scripture. I could tell they are feeling "empowered", which is what we are working towards. Tomorrow we will finish observing and then be looking at main ideas and events to help us see what God's message is for us today. 

I must say I wake up each day thankful for what I am doing. Yes, I have had days I just can't seem to get out of the fog of tiredness. Other days just don't seem to be going very smooth and often I wonder how or what to do next. But after a day like today with the participation level increasing, signs of obvious grasping of the concepts, and after hearing sincere words of appreciation from the shy one, it makes it all worth it.  It just doesn't get any better than this.

Linda usually introduces and explains the new tools, but tomorrow I am going to it for practice in front of her. It is not my strength, I usually lead the discussion, but need to do this when I don't have a partner. Please pray for me. I need understanding in how to best explain the tools, and confidence that The Lord can help and use what I do no matter what.

Now to try and stay awake for one more hour...

With joy,
Edie

No comments: