Wednesday, January 28, 2009

preparations for Rwanda

As the thoughts, prayers and inspirations come together for my (Edie) Mentoring talks in Rwanda, I am in awe of what the Lord is doing. I read in Col. 1:16-18a "that all things have been created through him and for him. this includes thrones,or dominions,or rulers or authorities. He is also the head of the body the church. " Whereas I am ticked over our legislature and govt. leaders it is nothing like Rwandans face on a regular basis. What does a wealthy American has to say to a group of Pastor's wives in Africa???? We have been told there is unrest in areas around where we will be going . But that is a daily consideration for them. By God's grace I am eager to bring good cheer and take the ladies to the "cleft of the rock" I know so well. I am finishing sewing some quilt squares for a gift to them and will tie them while traveling. My theme is "Piecing it all together" talking about our role in God's Kingdom to influence others for Christ with the Gospel and how we can do that practically and principally. Pray for it all to "piece together well" and that He will be magnified and glorified in all that I do. Edie

No comments: