Sunday, July 16, 2017

Higher Perspectives



We arrived in Trina, which is about 20 km from Chinnamanur where we will be training. It was a difficult three and a half hours here as the car was small and my back complained the whole way. It is quite beautiful here with steep mountains, the surroundings covered with what looks like scrub oak. This town is about 100,000 and busy. We are staying here because there are no good hotels in Chinnamanur, which I now find out is only 40,000 people. This hotel is a challenge, called a business class hotel but I am not sure what business they are shooting for. We had a good time last night trying to figure out how to turn all the lights off, about 10 different switches. I tried to recharge my computer but the only outlet that works is connected to a light so no charging overnight. Thankfully, the bathroom outlet worked and I charged it there. We have warm water and internet, occasionally. When it is on it is good but lasts only a few minutes and then goes off for a while. This is usually the kind of stuff that gets to me but I am trying hard to have a higher perspective. I am preaching this morning on the inheritance we have in Christ, Ephesians 1:11-14. I will try to keep my eye on that.

As with all new networks, we have a challenge coming talking about finances. That is always interesting. We look forward to meeting the pastors tomorrow and beginning their journey to careful Bible study.

Al

No comments: